Thursday, May 26, 2011

Badly Behaving Boys

Today I learned that a friends child (we’ll call him SS) holds his breath and makes himself turn blue whenever he gets frustrated or angry.  SS did it at daycare so his teacher must have freaked.  Hearing that your child just turned blue, these are the steps we took, but he’s playing fine now must have been a nightmare telephone call; on both ends.  Now I don’t know where she works or how far daycare is from her job, but I’m sure it was the quickest trip from work to daycare she’s ever made.  They went to the ER and the Dr told her “that it's actually best to not acknowledge it. of course make sure he's okay, but don't say anything about it and he'll eventually stop”.  What’s worse is the Dr told her “kids USUALLY pass out and sometimes have seizures because of o2 loss in the brain, but the good thing is that his body will naturally breathe because it knows what it needs to do.”  I'm sure she told him numerous times on the way home that he’s a brat and not to scare the hell out of her like that again!

Granted, a lot of Moms will never feel the amount of terror and panic that Moms like me would feel if my child ever pulled some crap like that!  I know I sure as shit would not just sit back and wait him out.  NO F***ING WAY!  My reaction would be somewhere along the lines of snatching him up off the floor as fast as possible and (especially if he’s doing it purposefully) screaming and yelling until he gets my freaking point.  I know I know I know, Babies don’t respond well to screaming and yelling and they don’t understand it. My whole reaction is to scare the ever living hell out of him to make him breathe.  If it turns out to be a real emergency then CPR and a lot of crying will be involved, and the Dr's would have to treat me too.

Bottom line:  I have no idea how she is going to deal with it and correct it. 

I hope with every fiber or my being for B’s sake and mine, that he never picks up a behavior like that.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! you seriously crack me up. now, when they start hanging out, lets hope 'SS' doesn't give 'B' any tips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will be banned from each other if SS teaches him to do that. They will cause me to have a heart attack. And if SS ever does it in front of me... HOLY CRAP, i dont know what will happen!

    ReplyDelete