Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Reaching Out

Well, we survived the 20+ people at our house for B's 1st birthday party.  It was exhausting, but we made it!  I know what to do differently next year!  Biggest change:  If you plan a party outside.. it will rain, and the backyard will flood.  It was a great weekend; a 4 day weekend at that!

I ordered my ROWS blanket and Molly Bear this weekend as well.  While i was on ROWS i found a link to Grieve Out Loud.  They have a pen pal program for Infant and Pregnancy loss families.  I found my pen pal through Compassionate Friends.  As i was looking around the site i read at the bottom of a page to become a member of the Grieve Out Loud Team.  I sent an email to the address provided.  After i hit send, i wondered if i made the right decision, if i am ready to help other moms like myself.  I talked it over with Greg and decided that it was a good decision, his biggest concern is he doesn't want to see me become a train wreck again and step backwards in my "healing".  I also decided that for my pen-pals i will have a separate email address from my personal account.

Grief is ugly.  So ugly in fact, that when i read Casey Wiegand's story yesterday morning it was like a breath of fresh air.  Of course it made me cry, but it made me smile to read about a woman that is so sad because of the loss of her baby, but has such a positive perspective.  I was so happy to be made aware of her story through a close friend, and then able to offer her my condolences and as much help as i could.

Im really looking forward to helping other Moms who have lost their babies.

If you're interested in finding a pen-pal or becoming one yourself, I have their button to the right -->

No comments:

Post a Comment